Nothing but the best
The Wade Bales Wine & Malt Whisky Affair once again takes place in September. This annual experience is hosted at Durban’s sophisticated world class jazz bar The Chairman. Currently in its 3rd year, the affair delivers the ultimate in indulgence and showcases sought after, limited release wines and rare malt whiskies from around the world.
“We have handpicked a selection of interesting and distinctive wines and whiskies, which are all available for tasting within a stylish and sophisticated setting, to ensure discerning guests have an exceptional experience. What makes this event unique from most others, is not only the premium products but calibre of passionate and knowledgeable people who present them.” says Wade Bales, well-known wine and spirits matchmaker.
Listen out for the HALF-TIME Bell – halfway through the evening and for a limited period of 15 minutes taste extremely rare and limited editions of wine and whisky from “under the table”.
Look out for some of these exciting vintages and expressions:
- Avondale Navitas 2009 – Flagship red of Avondale’s premium collection (Robert Parker 95/100)
- Saxenburg SSS 2009 – Special Release – the Saxenburg, Shiraz Select has always been a statement wine (the maiden vintage 1998 was briefly the most expensive in the country).
- Bruichladdich Black Art – 4th Release of a unique and pioneering cult cask exploration series.
- The Macallan Rare Cask : Crafted to showcase complexity and depth, Rare Cask is drawn from broadest spectrum of casks, 16 different types making it a limited and very rare whisky.
- Midleton Premium Irish Whiskey : Each vintage differs, and is only released in very limited quantities, with each bottle individually numbered and signed by the Master Distiller.
All wines and whiskies will be available to purchase on the night. Look out for some great specials including select gift sets and whisky gems!
TICKETS AND INCLUSIONS
Limited Early Bird Tickets are available at R195 per person and once sold-out, Full Price Tickets will be R290 per person and include all wine and whisky tastings, a complimentary glass and selection of gourmet cheese, antipasti deli and artisanal breads on offer.
Due to the popularity of this event, this is an experience you don’t want to miss: Book your tickets today through QUICKET